Database Watch
There's a few new prospects that have joined the Vanderbilt database lately. Here's some notes on each:
http://vanderbilt.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=95453
RB. Rajaan Bennett - Mceachern High, Powder Springs, Ga.
Comes from the same school that produced both Norval McKenzie and Matt Clay. Have to wonder if McKenzie is helping in the recruitment of Bennett. He's a bigger back that rushed for over 1,000 yards last year while dealing with injuries. He was also the RB MVP at the Atlanta NUC combine this year. Has an offer from Kentucky already.
http://vanderbilt.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=95070
RB. Ben Emert - West Forsyth High, Ball Ground, Ga.
Rushed for over 1,100 yards and 18 TDs last year. Another bigger back who's been receiving good reviews from Rivals [behind the scenes]. Could also be a possible linebacker.
http://vanderbilt.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=95387
TE. Will Graves - Leesville, La.
Really interested in this prospect, stands at 6-foot-6/6-foot-7, 250 pounds, I'd imagine he's being looked at as a possible option at offensive tackle.
http://vanderbilt.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=95451
CB. DeMarius Matthews - Mceachern High, Powder Springs, Ga.
Another Mceachern kid, see a pattern here? He too was a Atlanta NUC combine MVP, for defensive backs, earlier this year. First thought is I wonder about how big he could get, being at only 5-9, 160. Still, if he's as fast and quick as they say, he might be someone to really watch.
http://vanderbilt.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=95400
Ath. Abdulai Bangura - Eleanor Roosevelt High, Greenbelt, Md.
His sophomore video is on YouTube, watched it, not sure if he's what VU's looking for honestly. Like Matthews he's a bit on the small side but unlike Matthews reputation, I don't see the speed, quickness, or twitch that VU's generally looking for. Perhaps he's grown a lot in the past year.
Recommended video
As you've probably noticed on the site in the past month or so, I've been linking a lot of prospect video to the front page. I probably watch more video than any other writer on the network. That's not to toot my own horn, just relay that I have no life, haha.
Anyway, here's some video that I recommend of VU listed prospects (these are all on Rivals):
QB. Munchie Legaux- New Orleans, La.
QB. Jared Barnett- Garland, Tx.
WR. Michael Bennett- Alpharetta, Ga.
WR. Chris Boyd- Roswell, Ga.
WR. Zeke Walters- Birmingham, Ala.
OL. Josh Allen- Cedar Hill, Tx.
LB. Jonathan Brown- Memphis, Tn.
LB. Brandon Smith- Columbus, Ga.
CB. Anterio Sloan- West Helena, Ark.
Ath. Barry Bostic- Louisville, Ga.
Ath. Kain Colter- Englewood, Colo. [Highly, Highly recommend]
Ath. Marcus Jackson- Lindale, Ga.
Ath. Cameron Myers- Lithonia, Ga.
Ath. Ryan Smith- Cordova, Ala.
And here is a few prospects that I have found elsewhere (non-Rivals video). I think you will like them.
Ath. James King- Orinda, Calif. (YouTube.com)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91Wio0EY5Vg
LB. Desmond Bozeman- Ft.Lauderdale, Fla. (soflafootball.com)
http://www.soflafootball.com/homepage-hot-news/video-desmond-bozeman
DB/Ath. Greg Dent- Glades Central, Fla. (soflafootball.com)
http://www.soflafootball.com/homepage-hot-news/video-greg-dent
DE/LB. Darius Wallace- Crestwood High, Sumter, SC (AthleteVault.com)
http://www.athletevault.com/Videos/DariusWallace2AV.html
I'll always recommend videos to my readers, so expect this to be a weekly thing.
Humor
You see things in recruiting...especially when you're dealing with 16-17 year old kids and such a high volume of them (there's generally close to about 5,000 prospects that will get coverage on Rivals.com, alone, every year).
I've been paying attention to this stud in Florida named Jeff Luc. He's 6-foot-1, 240 pounds, looks like a big time beast...I'm sure he'll be in the Rivals100. Still, I've noticed something in all of his Rivals interviews:
http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?cid=921974
Seriously, what's up with the purple backpack guy?
Monday, March 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Jesse, just FYI, the first "e" in "McEachern" is capitalized.
ReplyDeleteThat's where I went to high school--I graduated with Norval and Matt--so I'm a stickler for its spelling and pronunciation ("Mick-each-urn").
Great work on the site.